Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dark Knight Rises review (mild spoilers)

I loved the Dark Knight. Heath Ledger was awesome. I didn't think there was any way that TDKR could live up to that standard. I was wrong.

When I saw the production stills, I thought it looked fake and chintzy. Anne Hathaway? As catwoman???! I wasn't buying it. I was wrong.

 It's not a perfect movie. It has warts. Visually, it didn't have the pure beauty of say a movie like Prometheus. The physics of the batwing were terrible. There were some minor plot holes. And the big fight scene between Bain and Batman was underwhelming.

But omg, the story, the characters, the acting, Michael motherfucking Cain giving the performance of his life! Every fucking guy in the theater was balling his eyes out, and if you didn't, you're dead inside.

I thought the big twist at the end was a bit predictable and gimmicky, but maybe that's because I was familiar with the back story and knew about the daughter. Even then, it's the best movie I've seen in the theater since Inception.

Christopher Nolan is a movie making genius! He's done the impossible. He's made millions of people around the world wish for a movie starring JUST ROBIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment